Aug 4, 2011

Here's a little something Ive been working on

More to come soon. Im trying to teach myself digital painting. I think I have a long way to go (-P My biggest issue seems to be depth. I painted this landscape with perspective in mind, but it still seems flat to me. Maybe this is where I need to pick my color scheme. I know that aerial perspective will play a part in this sketch, but maybe Im not understanding it visually. I know that as an object gets further away from the viewer, its contrast with its surroundings lessens. Many seem to believe that this makes the object's color shift towards a desaturated blue. This seems to make sense with what Ive observed during a cloudless day in the desert. It also coincides with a technique for adding depth-of-field effects to a still image within 3d programs like Maya or 3dsMax. But I've also noticed the higher the viewer is, the further away an object must be before aerial perspective comes into play. I'll have to do some more outdoor sketching to verify this.



No comments:

Post a Comment